SAGE Premier was designed with and for librarians to provide great savings off list prices for individual journals!
- Electronic access to more than 1,000 peer-reviewed journals (over 800,000 articles)
- Content ownership of the subscribed content published by SAGE during the term of the agreement
- Complimentary access back to 1999, where available, is included while a current subscription is maintained
- Quality new content added to the package annually
View the full list of titles
The Content: International in scope • Peer-reviewed • High-quality • Interdisciplinary journal content
- High impact - 52% of the content is ranked in the 2016 Journal Citation Reports® (Clarivate Analytics, 2017)*
- Scholarly and professional - research published in partnership with over 400 key societies
- Interdisciplinary - exceptional discipline coverage appropriate for numerous fields
- Discoverable - journals are indexed in Summon (ProQuest), World Cat Discovery (OCLC), Primo Central (Ex Libris), and EDS (EBSCO)
- Archives - Back articles available in the SAGE Deep Backfile and Shallow Backfile packages
Cutting Edge Online Access
- Responsive design - allowing for a seamless, multi-device experience
- Enhanced experience - including clear PDF download options and article metrics powered by Altmetric.com
- Usage statistics - COUNTER 4 compliant and available for download
The Support: Interactive • Customer Focused
- Training - user guides, videos, and live online training sessions highlight features and functionality for librarians and end-users
- Usage-driving tools - online banner ads, search widgets, posters, and custom end-user training
- Customer support - dedicated Account Representative Team to assist with inquiries, renewals of SAGE products, and any questions specific to your institution's account
*To learn more about the 2016 Journal Citation Reports® rankings, please visit the Impact Factor & Ranking Results page.
University alumni may have access to the content hosted on the SAGE Journals, SAGE Research Methods, and SAGE Knowledge platforms through their university library, based on their university's current and active holdings. All alumni registered with subscribing or purchasing libraries will be able to access the above SAGE products, including more than 1,000 scholarly and professional journals at no extra fee.
University libraries already support current students and scholars with access to online resources through both on-site and remote services. This license extends this offering to alumni via IP address, ATHENS, or SHIBBOLETH through the institution’s account. SAGE does not have the information or systems necessary to authenticate an individual as being an alumnus of a particular institution. Because of this, institutions will need to manage the authentication process and provide alumni with a route through the institutional IP network or with an ATHENS or SHIBBOLETH profile.
Digital Rights Management
"Reasonable Amount" shall mean not more than ten percent (10%) of any individual book or journal issue where these are included in a database, and not more than five percent (5%) of the total database content.