The book presents an extensive treatment of the nature, scope and significance of public policies, their implementation and policy analysis.
This refreshing new textbook covers the basic and introductory aspects of public policy along with the new realities in public policy formulation and analysis. It also provides a critical insight into the works of leading scholars in the field. Through examples and real-life incidents from different countries, the author effectively discusses theoretical, structural and practical aspects of formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of public policies.
With chapters on the role of think tanks, decision-making process and policy sciences, this book would meet the growing needs of the students as well as civil services aspirants.
• Analytical approach in examining the fundamental themes and key issues in public policy-making
• Special focus on policy advocacy, significance of intergovernmental relations and institutionalism and policy monitoring
• Major theories of agenda analysis, decision-making process and policy implementation explained in an easy-to-understand manner
• Each chapter aided by examples, case studies and review questions
• Ideal and must-have companion for students of political science and public administration, as well as UGC NET and civil services aspirants