This easy to use resource allows students to switch from digital to the print text and back again, opening windows to the world of marketing through cases that are vibrant and engaged, links that allow students to explore topics in more detail and content to encourage relating theory to practice.
Recognizing the importance of ongoing technological and social developments and the increasing connectedness of consumers that has profound implications for the way marketing operates and students learn, the 4th edition demystifies key technologies and terminology, demonstrating where and how emerging digital marketing techniques and tools fit in to contemporary marketing planning and practice.
The new edition welcomes a new 3rd author and has been fully updated to include:
- 31 New case studies (including 5 new end of chapter and 26 new ‘focus boxes’), featuring a greater number of case studies from digital/social media marketing, Uber and the sharing economy, Google and crowdsourcing and Amazon’s drone delivery service.
- Even more content on digital marketing integrated throughout, including key issues such as social media, mobile marketing, co-creation, cutting edge theory.
- A fully updated and streamlined interactive eBook led by student feedback.
Focus boxes throughout the text such as Global, Consumer, B2B and Ethical - all with a greater emphasis on digital communication - reinforce key marketing trends and relate theory to practice. Each chapter also ends with a case study revolving around topics, issues and companies that students can relate to such as Taylor Swift taking on Spotify.
The new edition comes packed with features that can be used in class or uploaded onto a course management system and which students can use in their own self-directed study.
Furthermore, the book is complemented by a FREE interactive eBook with access to web links, video links, SAGE journal articles, MCQ’s, podcasts and flashcards, allowing access on the go and encouraging learning and retention whatever the learning style.
Suitable as core reading for undergraduate marketing students.
*Interactivity only available through Vitalsource eBook included as part of paperback product (ISBN 9781526426321).
Access not guaranteed on second-hand copies (as access code may have previously been redeemed).
- Instructors' manual
- PowerPoint Slides
- Test bank of questions
- Practice MCQs
- PowerPoint slides
- Videos to enhance understanding of key concepts and provoke in-class discussion
- Websites and access templates to help guide study
- A podcast series where recent graduates and marketing professionals talk about the day-to-day of marketing and specific marketing concepts, as well as graduate employment