Principles and Applications
- Stephen B. Klein - Mississippi State University, USA
Learning: Principles and Applications provides students a current, comprehensive, and engaging introduction to the psychology of learning. Praised for its easy-to-read style and presentation of important contributions of both human and nonhuman animal research, the text helps readers understand the process of learning with coverage of classic experiments, contemporary research, real-world examples, applications, chapter-opening vignettes, and critical thinking questions. The Eighth Edition features expanded sections on theories of conditioning, a streamlined organization through two separate chapters on memory storage and retrieval, and enhanced pedagogy to better connect the material to the everyday lives of students.
- A Microsoft® Word test bank contains 60 multiple choice, 15 true/false questions, and 5 essay questions for every chapter. The test bank provides a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides highlight essential content and features and offer complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help prepare for lectures and class discussions.
- Lively and stimulating class assignments apply to individual or group projects and can be used in class to reinforce active learning.
- All figures and tables from the text are provided in JPG format for class presentations.
“The text is very strong with respect to presenting competing theories of learning phenomena. It is one of the best I’ve read in this regard.”
“This text allows students to continually build up a foundation/knowledge base to help reinforce and increase their own self-paced understanding of the material.”
“The text provides a thorough overview of classical research and pivotal studies that lay the foundation of several important theories. Brief vignettes at the beginning of each chapter are helpful in setting the stage for the chapter’s discussion in a relevant and approachable way, while also presenting a forum to reference back to throughout the chapter as information is expanded upon.”
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: An Introduction to Learning
Chapter 3: Pavlovian Conditioning Principles and Applications