The Fourth Edition of Peter G. Northouse’s bestselling Introduction to Leadership: Concepts and Practice provides readers with a clear overview of the complexities of practicing leadership and concrete strategies for becoming better leaders. The text is organized around key leader responsibilities such as creating a vision, establishing a constructive climate, listening to outgroup members, and overcoming obstacles. Three interactive components in every chapter—self-assessment questionnaires, observational exercises, and reflection and action worksheets—get readers actively involved in applying leadership concepts to their own lives. Grounded in leadership theory and the latest research, the fully updated, highly practical Fourth Edition includes a new chapter on how leaders can embrace diversity and inclusion, as well as new material on the dark side of leadership and a new ethical leadership style questionnaire.
Also available with…
Interactive eBook featuring Interactive Leadership Assessments and Original SAGE Premium Video—Bundle with the new edition and save! Order using bundle ISBN 978-1-5063-7122-1.
Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) is tied to learning objectives and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring insights from other leadership experts and Peter Northouse discussing key leadership concepts.
SAGE coursepacks: Our Content Tailored to Your LMS
Instructors! SAGE coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more!
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s LMS. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
- Say NO to…required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to...
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Pedagogically robust assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring:
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Career insights from leadership experts
- Author Peter G. Northouse discussing key concepts from the book
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video
- Lively and stimulating ideas for class activities that can be used in class to reinforce active learning. The activities apply to individual or group projects.
- Web exercises direct both instructors and students to useful and current web sites, along with creative activities to extend and reinforce learning or allow for further research on important chapter topics.
- A list of suggested films by chapter to help provide a jumping-off point for course assignments, papers, research, group work, and class discussion.
- Carefully crafted case notes provide an essential reference and tool for teaching with case studies.
- Reflection and Action Worksheets and Observational Exercises in downloadable Word document format for more flexibility in using these resources
- All tables and figures from the textbook
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning in an easy-to-use environment that offers:
- Mobile-friendly flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize your study time, anywhere, anytime
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow you to assess how much you’ve learned and where you need to focus your attention
- An online action plan that helps track progress and enhance the learning experience
- Learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- SAGE Premium Video, tied to learning objectives and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
- Author Peter G. Northouse discussing key concepts from the book
- Want access to more SAGE Premium Video? Ask your instructor about the interactive eBook version of this text, where you can access even more video resources and digital tools.
- Additional Video resources linked to leadership videos found on the web bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and make learning easier
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning