A Global Perspective on Theory and Practice
- Paul Battersby - RMIT University, Australia
- Ravi Roy - Southern Utah University, USA
Development Studies (General) | International Development | International Studies
How can we lay the foundation for a more just and peaceful world? How can we prevent communications from fracturing and societies from tearing themselves apart? How should we prioritise economic, social and cultural demands for resources and opportunities?
This book answers these questions, and presents a view of development ‘in practice’. Written by experts in the field, the book covers a range of contemporary developments, as well as providing coverage of the theory and practice of international development.
· Covers a range of contemporary topics such as global security, new technologies, ethics and learning and participation
· Has chapters on Global Health and Development in Practice, Environmentally Sustainable Development in Practice and Corruption and Development
· Features learning objectives, summaries, reading lists and questions for discussion
· Works as a practice-driven text packed with case studies
Global in perspective and full of everything you need to know, this is your go-to book for your studies in International Development.
This important book offers a fresh new perspective on globalization and development and is a must-read for academics, policy-makers and practitioners alike. In drawing together some of the most recent research on global change and the contested nature of international development, this book offers a unique ‘practitioners’ perspective on some of the greatest challenges of our time. In doing so, the collection of chapters makes a fluent and stimulating contribution to debates concerning the relationship between structure and agency, in the context of how different actors negotiate more sustainable pathways to development. This book is sure to be of considerable interest to a wide readership in development studies, economics, politics, law and related disciplines.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: Globalization and Global Development Practice