Get 12 months FREE access to an interactive eBook when purchasing the paperback*
An exploration into the important strategic function HR plays in today's organizations that uses a wide variety of applications, self-assessments, and experiential exercises to help students develop the skills they need to recruit, select, train, and development talent.
The book includes all of the latest SHRM 2016 Curriculum Guidebook listings, covering every SHRM guide item, including both the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and the Human Resource Certification Institute Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification exam—a total of more than 210 individual content requirements from the SHRM curriculum guide.
A three-pronged approach—functions, applications, skill development—helps students master the concepts, apply them, and build the skills needed in the workplace. This is supported by self-assessments in each chapter and a Current Trends section, which covers the latest developments in the HR field, particularly trends related to data analytics, social media, ethics, privacy, and working in diverse, global organizations
New to this edition
- New Skill Builder exercises allow students to experience HR as they practice making decisions, working in teams, and participating in role-plays.
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) is tied to learning objectives and illustrates HRM in action.
The book is complemented by online resources, featuring a range of tools and materials for lecturers and students, including diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests, Test banks, Assignable SAGE Premium Video, videos from SAGE Knowledge illustrating Human Resource Management concepts, PowerPoint® slides, Sample course syllabi, Lecture notes, eFlashcards, eQuizzes, and all tables and figures from the textbook.
Suitable for modules on Human Resource Management
*Interactivity only available through Vitalsource eBook included as part of paperback product (ISBN 9781544331317).
Access not guaranteed on second-hand copies (as access code may have previously been redeemed).
The following online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s LMS. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to...
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LM
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
o Diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy and tied to AACSB guidelines that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks)that is tied to learning objectives and curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Animated videos and Human Resource Management in Action videos illustrate fundamental management concepts using a variety of relatable scenarios, and assessment questions challenge students to apply and analyze these workplace situations
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this anywhere, anytime mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video
- All tables and figures from the textbook
Student Study Site
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning, is easy to use, and offers:
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts and make it easy to maximize student study time, anywhere, anytime
- eQuizzes that allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus attention
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Chapter-specific study questions that allow students to engage with the material
- Video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and are curated and produced exclusively for this text