Covering the issues, themes and principles that explain what it means to be a nurse today, this book provides the theory students need to know and applies it to the diverse patient groups and settings that students will encounter on their placements.
Key features of the book are:
- It introduces the core aspects of adult nursing
- An evidence-based approach with discussion of literature, policy and research and suggested further reading for every chapter
- Over 30 case studies to help students understand the realities of practice across a range of settings including primary care and the community
- Stop and think boxes which challenge assumptions and encourage reflection
- A companion website with sample questions for lecturers to use in seminars, multiple choice questions for student revision and free SAGE journal articles
The book has been closely mapped to the NMC's 2018 Standards for Proficiency, Education and Training and supports students across their entire degree programme as they develop into nurses of the future ready to deliver and lead care.