From artificial intelligence, robotics and digital marketing to assessing the impact of events, every tourism student will find this book essential reading for not only grasping the key issues but applying them to real problems faced by professionals in the tourism industry.
The book includes many new case studies from every continent around the world including cases to give you a truly global approach to how tourism theory can be applied in an international context. This is combined with a lively and accessible writing style which will support and guide you through how tourism has been affected and will continue to be shaped by technology, changing government policy and sustainability concerns.
Key features of the new edition:
- 'Focus on Technology' and 'Focus on Employment' boxes included in every chapter.
- Three current case studies included in each chapter to bring context to the reader.
- Classic papers - introduces students to relevant academic research and refers to the selected paper throughout the chapter.
- PowerPoint slides
- PowerPoint slides with visuals from the book
- Flipped classroom activities
- Course Cartridge
- SAGE Videos
- SAGE Business Cases selected by the author
- Multiple-Choice Testbank