A straight-forward, detailed overview of pathophysiology, providing nursing students with clear and simple explanations of the basic principles that underpin health and illness, and the main causes of disease.
The book uses person-centred nursing as its guiding principle (in-line with the new NMC standards) to encourage students to develop a more detailed understanding of specific disorders and learn how to apply the bioscience theory to nursing practice and patient care.
- FREE access to an Interactive eBook: includes integrated video links, activities, key concepts and examples that provide valuable insights, further reading and short explanations.
- Full-colour diagrams and figures: all content supported by colourful, reader-friendly illustrations.
- Person-centred bioscience: a fictional family woven through the book encourages students to think holistically about pathophysiology and consider the lived-experiences of different conditions and diseases.
- Online resources: access to online materials for lecturers and students, including multiple choice questions, videos, flashcards, lecturer test bank, an image bank and a media teaching guide.
- Test Bank curates questions designed to test your students’ knowledge of each chapter
- Video Teaching Guide includes quizzes and discussion questions to accompany key videos
- Illustration Bank provides high quality artwork to supplement your teaching
- Course Cartridge allows you to easily upload all the lecturer and student resources into your institution’s learning management system.
- Case Studies
- Link to further reading
- Chapter Answers
- Extra Questions (Web-quiz)
- Revision Flashcards