Essential Social Psychology
- Richard J. Crisp - Durham University, UK
- Rhiannon N. Turner - Queens University Belfast, UK
Psychology (General) | Social Psychology (General) | Sociology (General)
From aggression to altruism, prejudice to persuasion, Essential Social Psychology 4e introduces students to the classic studies, the controversial debates and innovative research that define social psychology today.
It gives students what they need to know about the key areas of social psychology whilst also demonstrating its relevance to current, real world events. New to this edition:
- Coverage of social neuroscience
- Inclusion of evolutionary psychology
- ‘Back to the Real World’ boxes which situate academic findings in the real life context of the world around you
Online, there are resources for students which create a complete learning experience to help students build confidence and apply their knowledge successfully in assignments and exams. You'll also find teaching materials to help every week which can be easily incorporated into your VLE.
The accompanying website contains:
- Test banks that provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity
to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’
progress and understanding
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating
a multimedia presentation for the course
- Learning objectives that help students understand focus their reading
- Chapter summaries that reinforce the most important material
- Multiple choice questions so that students can test and re-inforce what they have learnt
- Mindmaps to support teaching and learning
Having endorsed this text book previously, and used it for nearly ten years, I still get asked by students if it’s still one of those books I wish I had written. This updated edition still manages to convey complicated information to students in a clear and easy to comprehend manner – so yes, it’s still one of those books I wish I’d written.
Essential Social Psychology is precisely that -- essential. Crisp and Turner are a powerhouse team in social psychology, and this textbook reflects not only their grasp of the literature, but their passion for its findings and implications. The text is both approachable and comprehensive, a must-have for the classroom.
Good subject information and nicely presented.
- New examples and cases added which include the Westminster Bridge Attack and the #metoo movement.
- General bringing research up to date