An unbiased, balanced guide to all aspects of digital marketing, from social media, mobile and VR marketing to objectives, metrics and analytics. Covering all aspects of digital marketing planning and the latest models, the book also offers a range of tools to help implement your own digital marketing plans and strategies.
The second edition has been expanded to include new discussions and research on areas including digital privacy, types of influencers, social listening and the gig economy.
- Supported by case examples from 28 global companies and brands including IKEA, Uber, Klarna and TikTok.
- A brand-new case study on Strava runs throughout the book to help you apply what you’ve learnt to real-world scenarios.
- ‘Ethical Insight’ boxes provide a reflective and challenging look at social issues and the negative side of marketing.
- ‘Digital Tool’ boxes introduce professional tools, such as ‘Spot the Troll’, Hootsuite and Padlet.
- The ‘Smartphone Sixty Seconds’ feature provides super-quick online activities using needing only your phone.
- Includes a new ‘Journal of Note’ feature in each chapter, to direct you to a key source of further reading.
- Worked digital marketing plan.
- Complimented by online resources, including PowerPoint slides, and Instructor’s Manual, quizzes, recommended video links and free SAGE Journal articles.
Suitable for digital and e-marketing courses at all levels, as well as professional courses for anyone interested in gaining a holistic understanding of digital marketing.
Instructor Resources (Log-in needed)
- Editable PowerPoint Slides to allow you to easily integrate each chapter into your lessons
- Tutor's Notes for each chapter, including access to free SAGE Journal Articles, lesson plans and ideas for assessments
- Discussion questions
- A testbank of multiple choice questions and quizzes to test students' understanding of the material
- Downloadable templates to add to course resources or to print out in class.
- Resource Pack to easily upload all the lecturer and student resources into your university’s online learning platform (i.e. Blackboard or Moodle), and customise the content to suit your teaching needs.
Student Resources (Free to access)
- Weblinks and video links for lots of extra information to reference in your assignments
- Worked example of a digital marketing strategy (based on the book's Strava case study) to help you get your project off the ground
The second edition has been expanded to reflect the latest developments and research including digital privacy, types of influencers, social listening and the gig economy. Watch the video to find out more.