A Course Companion
- Carol Brown - D'overbroecks College, Oxford
Developmental Psychology (General)
This Course Companion is designed to augment, rather than replace, existing textbooks for the course, and will provide:
- Helpful summaries of the course curriculum to aid lecture notes, seminars and written assignments
- Key summaries of the approach taken by the main developmental psychology textbooks
- Guidance on the essential study skills required
- Help with developing critical thinking
- Route-maps to aid the development of wider learning above and beyond textbooks
- Pointers to success in course exams
- A tutor's-eye view of what course examiners are looking for
- An insider's view of what key course concepts are really all about
Some good basic hints and tips for students across the different topics. The final part on study skills is especially useful.
This text acts as a great jumping off point for teaching. It is authoritative on the essential elements of developmental psychology and helpfully points inquisitive students in the right direction without being overly instructive.