- Andrea Cornwall, Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex
Praise for the previous edition:
"This marvellous book should be read by every social scientist interested in development studies".
- Keith Griffin, University of California, Riverside
This is the second edition of this successful book. Written by one of the leading authorities in the field, it:
- Situates students in the expanding field of development theory.
- Provides an unrivalled guide to the strengths and weaknesses of competing theoretical approaches.
- Explains key concepts.
- Examines the shifts in theory.
- Offers an agenda for the future.
Jan Nederveen brings together a huge range of experience and knowledge about the relationship between the economically advanced and the emerging, developing nations.