`Easily accessible, it has excellent resources (enhanced by the inclusion of a CD disc which will print out your worksheets for you) and the activities are highly relevant. One such is 'active listening' – whereby students are taught how to listen using body language, silence, summarizing and re-stating – these are communication skills that we could all benefit from learning, not least those who are seated in the House of Commons debating chamber' - Nurturing Potential
A lack of social and emotional competence can prevent the development of meaningful relationships and can contribute to low self-esteem, aggressiveness and depression. This programme provides a clear structure to assist teachers to develop in student groups:
- open communication and co-operation
- confronting problems effectively
- acceptance of others
- responsibility for ones own learning and behaviour.
This 20-session programme motivates young people to:
- participate actively in learning
- behave more appropriately
- co-operate more effectively.