Cutting edge and student-friendly, Choices in Relationships takes readers through the lifespan of relationships, marriages, and families, and utilizes research to help them make deliberate, informed choices in their interpersonal relationships. Authors David Knox, Caroline Schacht, and new co-author I. Joyce Chang draw on extensive research to challenge students to think critically about the choice-making process, consider the consequences involved with choices, view situations in a positive light, and understand that not making a choice is a choice after all. The extensively revised Thirteenth Edition reflects the rapidly changing world with over 700 new research citations, a new feature on how technology effects relationships, revised “Culture and Diversity” features that focus on how choices in relationships vary across different cultures, new and increased coverage of single and LGBTQIA individuals, and more.
INSTRUCTORS: This text is accompanied by a complete teaching and learning package! Contact your rep to request a demo.
- SAGE Premium Video
Included in the Interactive eBook version of this text, SAGE Premium Video assignable video content includes assessment and helps students understand key concepts. Learn more.
- Interactive eBook
Your students save when you bundle the print version of this text with the Interactive eBook, which includes access to SAGE Premium Video, multimedia tools, and much more! Use bundle ISBN: 978-1-0718-1350-8. Learn more.
- SAGE Coursepacks
SAGE Coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE Coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
- SAGE Edge
This companion website offers both instructors and students a robust online environment with an impressive array of teaching and learning resources. Learn more.
SAGE Coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
With SAGE Coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
- diagnostic Coursepack quizzes that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the Interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE Coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions; and
- original video including interviews with real-life couples discussing the decisions they made in their relationships and scholars who describe their research with individuals, marriages, and families.
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course to your exact needs;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions;
- carefully selected open-access chapter-by-chapter video links and multimedia content that enhance classroom-based explorations of key topics
- integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video; and
- all tables and figures from the textbook.
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- video resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and are curated exclusively for this text, featuring:
- interviews with real-life couples discussing the decisions they made in their relationships; and
- interviews with scholars who describe their research with individuals, marriages, and families.
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- learning objectives that reinforce the most important material; and
- carefully selected open-access chapter-by-chapter video links and multimedia content that enhance classroom-based explorations of key topics.