INSTRUCTORS: Child and Adolescent Development is accompanied by a complete teaching and learning package! Contact your rep to request a demo.
- SAGE Vantage Digital Option
SAGE vantage is an intuitive digital platform that delivers this text’s content in a learning experience carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers easy course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. Contact your rep to learn more.
- SAGE Premium Video
Included in SAGE Vantage! SAGE Premium Video includes Lives in Context videos bring concepts to life by building on the contextual examples that the author includes in the text. Learn more.
- SAGE Coursepacks
SAGE Coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE Coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
- SAGE Edge
This open access site offers students a robust online environment with an impressive array of learning resources. Learn more.
INSTRUCTORS: SAGE Coursepacks and SAGE Edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales rep today.
SAGE Coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
With SAGE Coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
- diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided;
- assignable SAGE Premium Video (available on the SAGE Vantage platform, linked through SAGE Coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and curated and produced exclusively for this text, featuring:
- Lives in Context videos that build on the contextual examples that the author includes in the text, looking at the ways in which biological, cultural, community, family, racial / ethnic, and socioeconomic factors influence development. The videos include expert interviews, news clips, and observational studies that show children performing tasks at various stages of development.
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- web and multimedia resources that bring concepts to life;
- chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content;
- exclusive SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties influential research and scholarship to chapter concepts;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course to your exact needs;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions; and
- all tables and figures from the textbook.
SAGE Edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- web and multimedia resources that bring concepts to life:
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- chapter quizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material;
- chapter-specific study questions that allow students to engage with the material;
- exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning; and
- exercises and meaningful Web links that facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions.