Case Studies to Engage Every Family
Implementing the Five Simple Principles
- Steven M. Constantino - William and Mary School of Education, Virginia, USA
- Margaret E. Constantino
Foreword by Darla Edwards
Family Studies (General) | Leadership & Management | School Culture
Partnering with families just got easier
In his bestselling book, Engage Every Family, Dr. Steve Constantino introduced school leaders to the five simple principles of family engagement: a pathway and process designed to bring all families into the school community—including those that have traditionally been disengaged or disenfranchised. This official companion book, co-authored by Dr. Margaret Constantino, uses examples and exercises to aid in the implementation of those principles.
Organized around a collection of rich, diverse case studies mirroring challenges educators face every day, this hands-on workbook offers opportunities to address your own school’s current conditions, identify strengths and areas for improvement, and use best practices to support every student by engaging every family. Features include
- 20 carefully constructed case studies illustrating the five simple principles
- Adaptable processes and strategies to apply at the classroom, school, and district level
- Prompts to aid in identifying root causes of common engagement issues so you can successfully support each student
- Questions to guide reflection, discussion, and deeper thinking about each case
To give students their best chance at success, we must ensure coordinated support at school and at home. This workbook gives educators the tools, materials, and ideas they need to reach every family—no matter the situation—and partner with them to grow their students’ achievement.