"Sit and Get" Won't Grow Dendrites
20 Professional Learning Strategies That Engage the Adult Brain
- Marcia L. Tate - Developing Minds, Inc.
Designing & Evaluating Staff Development | Leadership & Management
Teaching busy adults can be a daunting task. In this best-selling book, Marcia Tate uncovers how to deliver memorable, high-impact learning experiences in ways adults learn best. In this second edition offers:
- New findings on learning styles, brain research, and adult learning theory
- 20 learning strategies proven to engage adults and boost long-term retention
- 150 professional learning activities that spark educator participation
- New tips to make professional learning unforgettable
- Samples of professional learning designs
- References to the new Learning Forward Professional Standards
- Guided reflection and application sections
"The focus is on teaching busy adults and creating experiences that reinforce learning: new findings in brain research, learning styles, and differences between adult and younger learners make this a powerful, recommended pick for any adult education collection."
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: Brainstorming and Discussion