Helping readers understand their perspectives and use that understanding to inform their research approach, this Little Quick Fixwill enable first time researchers to reflect upon and identify their view of truth and knowledge, as well as what those mean and how they are established. After reading they will be better placed to choose and critically evaluate appropriate research questions and make informed methodological decisions.
With activities that get readers to identify their stance and question their own and others’ assumptions about research practice, this Little Quick Fix covers questions like:
• How can you become a researcher known for integrity?
• What stand will you take towards your inquiry?
• How will you study problems as an outsider?
• How will you study problems as an insider?
• How will my research design choices communicate the kind of researcher I am?
• How can mindful self-awareness help me stay true to my intentions?
Little Quick Fix titles provide quick but authoritative answers to the problems, hurdles, and assessment points students face in
the research course, project proposal, or design - whatever their methods learning is.
- Lively, ultra-modern design;
full-colour, each page a tailored design.
- An hour's read. Easy to dip in and out of
withclear navigation enables the reader to find what she needs - quick.
- Direct written style gets to the point with clear language. Nothing needs to be read twice. No fluff.
- Learning is reinforced through a 2-minute overview summary; 3-second summaries with super-quick Q&A
- DIY tasks create a work plan to accomplish a task, do a self-check quiz, solve a problem, get students to what they need to show their supervisor.
- Checkpoints in each section make sure students are nailing it as they go and support self-directed learning.
- How do I know I’m done? Each Little Quick Fix wraps up with a final checklist that allows the reader to self-assess they’ve got what they need to progress, submit, or ace the test or task.