2. In Focus boxes provide personal narratives, case studies and related information to enhance the chapter coverage.
3. Broad coverage addresses legislative, social, and political efforts to curb violent behavior
4. Violence: An Enduring Problem examines both individual and collective forms of violence and, unlike other texts on the subject, illustrates the linkages between these two general types of violent acts.
5. The interdisciplinary approach that draws from a number of different disciplines including criminology and criminal justice, sociology, psychology, political science, and public health.
New To This Edition
· Inclusion of new developments in the field of violence studies
· Less emphasis on esoteric research and abstract policy studies.
· Updated throughout with new data and examples
· Increased number of end of chapter questions.
· Instructor Resources are new to this edition.