Interviews are often seen as a quick, cheap, and seemingly low-stress data collection method, but once students obtain data, they can be overwhelmed at the amount of information they have to manage, sort, and analyse, even if they only have a few participant responses.
There are plenty of books on data management, coding, and analysis, but no student has time to read and internalize this much detail if a deadline is looming. Use Your Interview Data takes students through the essentials of managing, coding, and interpreting interview data so they have the overview needed to negotiate their data systematically and ensure they are not marked down for haphazard or incomplete interpretation. This Little Quick Fix provides students with the understanding and skills they need to manage, sort and analyse their interview data. Helen Kara’s overview enables students to negotiate their data systematically and give a complete interpretation for their research method assignment, essay or project.
Little Quick Fix titles provide quick but authoritative answers to the problems, hurdles, and assessment points students face in
the research course, project proposal, or design - whatever their methods learning is.
- Lively, ultra-modern design;
full-colour, each page a tailored design.
- An hour's read. Easy to dip in and out of
with clear navigation enables the reader to find what she needs - quick.
- Direct written style gets to the point with clear language. Nothing needs to be read twice. No fluff.
- Learning is reinforced through a 2-minute overview summary; 3-second summaries with super-quick Q&A
- DIY tasks create a work plan to accomplish a task, do a self-check quiz, solve a problem, get students to what they need to show their supervisor.
- Checkpoints in each section make sure students are nailing it as they go and support self-directed learning.
- How do I know I’m done? Each Little Quick Fix wraps up with a final checklist that allows the reader to self-assess they’ve got what they need to progress, submit, or ace the test or task.