Understanding Teaching and Learning in Primary Education
- Mike Carroll - University of Glasgow, UK
- Margaret McCulloch - University of Glasgow, UK
Primary Professional Studies | Primary Teacher Training | Teacher Training
This textbook gives you guidance and insights into the knowledge, values and commitments necessary to succeed in the primary classroom, supported by links to theory and research literature and realistic scenarios you may encounter as a new teacher.
Fully updated throughout, key features of this second edition include:
· A new chapter on inclusive education
· Newly expanded coverage of digital learning, engaging with educational research and the role of the primary teacher
· New ‘View from Practice’ examples
· Cross-referenced links to the Teachers’ Standards in England and the GTCS Professional Standards in Scotland and where they are covered within the book
This is essential reading for professional studies modules on primary initial teacher education courses, including university-based (PGCE, PGDE, BA QTS, BEd), school-based (SCITT, School Direct) and employment-based routes into teaching.
A comprehensive reference book including digital learning, creative teaching and research based mindsets for developing teachers
This wide ranging book introduces trainee teachers to key ideas, concepts and statutory requirements. The broad spread of chapter topics allows students to explore particular ideas, making this an excellent book for students to refer to throughout their course.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: The context for primary education in the twenty-first century