- Professor John Eldridge, University of Glasgow
"One of the most comprehensive, incisive and readable treatments of the macro-micro problem now available."
- Professor Paul Colomy, University of Denver
This is a revised, updated and enlarged version of the accessible, authoritative first edition - a jargon-free textbook that provides an introduction to the core issues in social theory. It includes:
- Chapter previews, summaries and a glossary of key terms.
- A 'problem focus' that encourages students to acquire skills of argument and discussion.
- A concluding chapter relating theory to social domains.
- Relevant examples from everyday life to illustrate key theoretical issues.