Theory and Practice of Leadership
- Roger Gill - Durham University, UK
Leadership | Leadership | Leadership & Management in Nursing
'At last a well-written, balanced and insightful British book on leadership. It is probable that every theory and assertion of consequence is commented upon. A real tour-de-force.'
- Emeritus Professor Gerry Randell, University of Bradford School of Management
'Theory and Practice of Leadership is an all encompassing, global review of examples and case studies that is both comprehensive and easily adaptable to almost any situation one would encounter in leading people.'
- Richard J. Conwell, Nova Southeastern University, Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship
If you are looking for a more holistic and critical take on the field of leadership, look no further! The second edition of this engaging and highly-respected text offers an exploration of leadership in a variety of contexts, both profit-orientated and non-profit.
New to this edition:
- Refined to capture and delineate the essential theories more clearly, with broader coverage taking in the latest developments in areas such as change, politics, assessment and development of leadership, and multiple intelligences.
- Further development of a new integrative model of core leadership themes and practices.
- Abundant examples and illustrations, together with detailed explanations of how they apply in practice.
- A companion website with an Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint slides, links to additional case studies and full-text journal articles.
Theory and Practice of Leadership will prove a highly-stimulating read for undergraduate and postgraduate students of leadership and related subjects as well as management consultants and practising managers.
'Very sound textbook on leadership, giving an overview on all central topics and developments'
Dr Karin Moser
Category Judge, CMI Management Book of the Year
'A real tour-de-force'
Category judge, CMI Management Book of the Year
This book perfectly summarizes the topics about leadership that I wanted to address in my course. The book is well designed and the language is easy to understand, especially for non-native english speakers! Thank you for this edition.
a useful summary of current leadership theory and how this can be applied to develop leadership skills for undergraduate children's nurses
The course is not taught this year
A very good companion to support courses and modules related to leadership with effective cases studies linked to UK practice and styles. Topic based questions which promote discussion about key theories and models. It has enabled myself and colleague to plan areas of the foundation degree module as literature presented in this text is current and valuable to practitioners in a variety of employment disciplines.
Very informative and up to date, offers examples and case studies to keep the reader engaged and stimulated.
This book is not suitable for the academic level of students, on the particular programme.
Very useful for third year students preparing for management unit
Excellent for PhD Students
Fantastic practical explanation and discussion surrounding theory of leadership. The focus has application to leadership in the wider sense, with touches of healthcare.