PART I: THE BASICS
1. Why Measurement? An Introduction
2. Levels of Measurement and Their Importance: One Potato, Two Potatoes
3. Reliability and Its Importance: Getting it Right Every Time
4. Validity and Its Importance: The Truth, the Whole Truth, and Nothing but the Truth
5. Percentages, Percentiles and Probabilities: Are You Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw?
6. Item Response Theory: The “New” Kid on the Block
PART II: TYPES OF TESTS
7. Achievement Tests: Is Life a Multiple-Choice Test?
8. Aptitude Tests: What’s in Store for Me?
9. Intelligence Tests: Am I Smarter Than My Smart Phone?
10. Personality and Neuropsychology Tests: It’s Not You, It’s Me
11. Career Choices: Have We Got a Job For You!
PART III: CLASSROOM ASSESSMENT
12. Picking the Right Answer: Choose Your Own Destiny
13. Building the Right Answer: Construction Work Ahead
PART IV: RESEARCHER-MADE INSTRUMENTS
14. Surveys and Scale Development: What Are They Thinking?
PART V: FAIR TESTING
15. Truth and Justice for All: Test Bias and Universal Design
16. Laws, Ethics and Standards: The Professional Practice of Tests and Measurement