Resources for Nursing Research
An Annotated Bibliography
- Cynthia Clamp - Univ of Central England in Birmingham, UK
- Stephen Gough - Univ of Central England in Birmingham, UK
- Lucy Land - Birmingham City University, UK
This latest edition of Resources for Nursing Research provides a comprehensive bibliography of sources on nursing research, and includes references for books, journal papers and Internet resources.
Designed to act as a 'signpost' to available literature in the area, this Fourth Edition covers the disciplines of nursing, health care and the social sciences. Entries are concise, informative and accessible, and are arranged under three main sections:
· 'Sources of Literature' covers the process of literature searching, including using libraries and other tools for accessing literature
· 'Methods of Inquiry' includes an introduction to research, how to conceptualize and design nursing and health research, measurement and data collection, and the interpretation and presentation of data
· 'The Background to Research in Nursing' encompasses the development of nursing research; the profession's responsibilities; the role of government; funding; research roles and careers; and education for research.
Fully revised and updated, the Fourth Edition includes just under 3000 entries, of which 90% are new. It has extensive coverage of US, UK literature and other international resources. This new edition will be an essential guide for all those with an interest in nursing research, including students, teachers, librarians, practitioners and researchers.
'The 4th edition of this extensive text is an outstanding resource prepared by nurses (and a librarian) for nurses. In a structured and helpful style it presents thousands of items from the literature - published papers, reports, books and electronic resources - as a clear, accessible, and most of all useful collection. The efforts to signpost and lead the reader to the sought-for information are effective and well-conceived, and the "How to use this book" section is remarkably simple...the book should be found in every nursing and health library, every research institute and centre, and close to many career researchers' desks' - RCN Research
"The Fourth Edition of this reputable work continues the thoroughness and scholarly rigor of previous editions. Clamp, Land, and Gough cover all aspects of nursing research under 25 separate and defined areas, including topics such as libraries and literature searching, the design of nursing research, experimental and nonexperimental designs, sources for instruments, data analysis, communicating nursing research, and research funding priorities. . . . Highly recommended."