Covering the entire research process – from understanding theory to writing up your project – this book provides students with an easy-to-follow introduction to qualitative methods in nursing and healthcare.
It offers straightforward guidance on key issues such as ethics and equips students with practical tools for approaching steps like searching and reviewing the literature. It also:
- Provides a clear historical overview of nursing and healthcare research, helping deepen understanding of the field
- Shows students how to use literature to inform their choice of a research topic and research question
- Helps students develop a critical approach to their own thinking and practice.
Grounded in numerous real-world examples that offer insight into best practice and how to overcome potential pitfalls, this book helps students to develop their research skills and use qualitative methods with confidence.
Visit https://study.sagepub.com/dingwallandstaniland to watch author-hosted video introductions to each chapter, exclusive videos from the SAGE Research Methods collection and a variety of research-focused YouTube videos to support your learning.
- Author-hosted video introductions to each chapter
- Exclusive videos from the SAGE Research Methods (SRM) collection
- Links to author-chosen YouTube videos