An extensive knowledge of the primary English curriculum is not enough for trainee teachers, they need to know how to teach English in the primary classroom.
This is the essential teaching theory and practice text for primary English that takes a focused look at the practical aspects of teaching. It covers the important skills of classroom management, planning, monitoring and assessment and relates these specifically to primary English. Practical guidance, features and resources help students translate their learning to the classroom and understand the wider context of teaching:
- Online practical lesson ideas for the classroom
- The Primary National Curriculum for English in Key Stages one and two
- Tips for planning primary English
- A recommended children’s book list
- Useful weblinks for primary English teaching
This ninth edition has been updated throughout and includes a new chapter on online and 'blended' learning and teaching for primary English.