Topically organized, Positive Psychology: The Science of Happiness and Flourishing presents a highly engaging, up-to-date introduction to positive psychology. Authors William C. Compton and Edward Hoffman invite students to apply practices to their own lives, contexts, and experiences to ensure understanding. The text examines how positive psychology applies to stressors and health within such traditional research areas as developmental, clinical, personality, motivational, social, and behavioral psychology. Furthermore, the text offers perspectives on positive emotional states, research and theory on positive traits, coverage of positive institutions, and a look at the future of positive psychology. The Third Edition reflects significant growth in field with hundreds of new references and expanded content on topics including mindfulness, money and subjective well-being, and romantic love.
INSTRUCTORS: Bundle Positive Psychology, Third Edition with Positive Psychology: A Workbook for Personal Growth and Well-Being for only $5 more! Bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-7019-4
Free online resources for instructors are available on the password-protected Instructor Resource Site.
- A test bank provides a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course.
- Building Resilience by William C. Compton
- Self-Compassion: Are You Treating Yourself Kindly? by Edward Hoffman
- Overcoming Anxiety with Gratitude by Edward Hoffman