—Brian Bulla, Appalachian State University
Efficient public administration requires a delicate balance—the bureaucracy must be powerful enough to be effective, but also accountable to elected officials and citizens. Donald F. Kettl understands that the push and pull of political forces in a democracy make the functions of bureaucracy contentious, but no less crucial. Politics of the Administrative Process gives students a realistic, relevant, and well-researched view of the field while remaining reader-friendly with engaging vignettes and rich examples. With a unique focus on policymaking and politics, the Eighth Edition continues its strong emphasis on politics, accountability, and performance.
Give your students the SAGE Edge!
SAGE Edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Learn more at edge.sagepub.com/kettl8e.
SAGE Edge for Instructors, supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- A case study archive with additional cases written by Don Kettl
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- An Instructor's Manual contains numerous resources for each chapter, including learning objectives, chapter summary, discussion questions and lecture launchers. New to this edition, the Instructor’s Manual also contains class activities for each of the case studies featured in the book.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions
SAGE Edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- A case study archive with additional cases written by Don Kett
- Mobile-friendly flashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material
- Meaningful multimedia content – tied to the book’s case studies - facilitate further exploration of topics