Patient Safety and Managing Risk in Nursing
- Melanie Fisher - Northumbria University, UK
- Margaret Scott - Northumbria University, UK
Nursing | Risk Management
Patient safety is a predominant feature of quality healthcare and something that every patient has the right to expect. As a nurse, you must consider the safety of the patient as paramount in every aspect of your role; and it is now an increasingly important topic in pre-registration nursing programmes. This book aims to provide you with a greater understanding of how to manage patient safety and risk in your practice. The book focuses on the essentials that you need to know, and therefore provides a clear pathway through what can sometimes seem an overwhelmingly complex mass of rules, procedures and possible options.
· A practical introduction to patient safety and risk management written specifically for nurses and nursing students
· Case studies and scenarios help you to apply patient safety and risk management principles to actual practice
· Each chapter is mapped to the relevant NMC standards and Essential Skills Clusters so that you can see how you are meeting the professional requirements
· Activities throughout help you to think critically and reflect on practice.
This is an excellent and timely text which provides a comprehensive introduction to patient safety in nursing. The accessible format supported with numerous and thought provoking activities will enable students to engage with the content.
This is a well written text that covers the basics about patient safety and risk management. The variety of case studies used means it can be adopted for other professional groups as well.
This is a very useful text from both and accademic and clinical practice viewpoint, as with all the transforming series it is well presented and easy to read and well planned at all stages. It covers every area of care and guidesthe reader through the priorities in each area. I feel that the linking of the NMC standards with each chapter reinforcs the importance of the subject for all the readers.
Patient safety and managing risk is an essential component of health care. This book manages to encapsulate the essence of this vital healthcare topic in an easily accessible and easily applied way.
It covers a lot of ground and the activities provide the reader with an opportunity to reflect on their own practice. As a healthcare educatior I will be recommending this to my BSc nurisng students.
This is a great book. One of the module in the undergraduate curriculum has a patient safety and risk theme. We recommend this book to students for their essay. The library has order electronic and hard copoes