"An incredibly resourceful book that contains a forensic insight into social research methods, offering the full range of contemporary approaches. Students will find particular value in the accessibility and detail of the text. Each chapter provides a set of learning outcomes, study questions and further reading." - Dr Ruth McAreavey, Newcastle University
Supported by a website that maps online resources to key stages of the learning process, it helps students:
- Understand the scientific method
- Learn the vocabulary of social science research
- Plan and design research
- Practice with and interpret data
- Explore social science literature and improve assignments with good citations
- Improve critical thinking.
- Extensive visualizations, overviews, examples, exercises, and other learning features, make this the perfect introductory text to build confidence and best practice around research methods.