- Updated in-line with the latest NMC standards of proficiency for registered nurses.
- Includes clear explanations of both the underlying biology and pharmacology as well as the wider practicalities of working with medicines.
- Highlights the most common mental health conditions and associated treatments, including coverage of the possible side effects for all drugs described in the book.
- NEW: Increased emphasis on prescribing with new content on consultation, history taking, and decision-making when prescribing.
- NEW: Updated sections on ethics, consent, pharmacokinetics, antipsychotics, and adverse drug reactions.