New to This Edition:
- Complimentary fully integrated interactive eBook version.
- Coverage of online data collection, netnography, big data and data visualization.
- Research philosophy in chapter 3 is further supported and enhanced by an author video overview available online and a pull out at the back of the book that gives a useful visual representation of each key component of the research process using a tree as a metaphor.
- Annotated further reading recommendations.
An important new feature is the “Research in Action” textboxes, which consist of engaging accounts of real-world research experiences from academics, practitioners and students. Examples include measuring the impact of development programmes on Chinese rural communities, and qualitative data being used to measure the experiences of UK taxi drivers. Each contributor has also given a practical ‘top tip’ for doing research successfully.
The book is complemented by a FREE Interactive eBook and online resources including PowerPoint slides, datasets, multiple-choice questions, e-flashcards and links to additional online material.
Suitable reading for any student carrying out a research project, dissertation or thesis in business and management.
*Interactivity only available through the eBook included as part of paperback product (ISBN 9781526446954).
Access not guaranteed on second-hand copies (as access code may have previously been redeemed).
- PowerPoints slides featuring figures, tables and key topics from the book
- Instructor's manual guide
- Video presentation on 'Developing a Convincing Argument' by Professor Richard Thorpe
- Video explanations of research philosophy concepts and "developing a convincing argument" by one of the authors, Professor Richard Thorpe
- Weblinks to articles, examples of research, and podcasts
- Case studies from SAGE Business Cases
- SAGE journal articles and book chapters
- Encyclopedia entries explaining key terms
- Templates and datasets for use in practice
- Multiple choice quizzes on key chapter concepts
- Answers to exercises in the book
- Glossary flashcards