The Fourth Edition of Leadership in Healthcare responds to the ever-growing importance of leadership to the nurse's role today and reflects the new guidelines set out in the 2018 NMC Standards.
The need for leadership in an everyday context is highlighted throughout the book with reference to both theory and practice. There are case studies, practical examples, reflective questions and even anecdotes from the authors' own experience, showing students the potential and application of leadership. There are also activities that enable students to engage with every facet of leadership, as it connects to topics such as team-work, communication, problem-solving, emotional intelligence, critical self-reflection and quality of care.
There have been a number of updates to the book for this Fourth Edition, including:
- A new chapter on Ethical, Legal and Professional Aspects in Leadership
- Content updates that reflect the changes outlined in the 2018 Nursing and Midwifery Council Standards, the new NMC code, and Revalidation.
The book is supported by online resources for both students and lecturers, including videos, journal articles, web links, and multiple-choice questions.
- Links to journal articles for each chapter
- Videos on all aspects of leadership covered in the book
- Weblinks directing the reader to relevant resources and exercises
- Multiple Choice Questions per chapter, written by the book’s editors