Taking a global and critical perspective, this textbook presents the concepts, theories and applications from the field of intercultural communication in a lively and easy-to-follow style.
Covering all the essential topics, from immigration and intercultural conflict, to intercultural health communication and communication in the workplace, this cutting-edge 4th edition:
- Explains the key theories and concepts you need to know.
- Brings theory to life with a range of global case studies.
- Ties key ideas and debates to the reality of intercultural skills and practice.
- Adds a new chapter on intercultural communication and business.
- Expands coverage of topical areas such as health and crisis communication and virtual communication in the workplace.
Introducing Intercultural Communication is the ideal guide to becoming a critical consumer of information and an effective global citizen. It is essential reading for students of intercultural communication across media and communication studies, and international business and management.
- Discussion questions and activities
- Multiple choice questions and short answer questions
- Instructor notes
- PowerPoint slides
- Further readings