Infants, Children, and Adolescents
- Laura E. Berk - Illinois State University
Family Studies (General) | Psychology (General)
A best-selling, chronologically organized child development text, Laura E. Berk’s Infants, Children, and Adolescents is relied on in classrooms worldwide for its clear, engaging writing style, exceptional multicultural and cross-cultural focus, first-rate coverage of developmental neuroscience, rich examples, and long-standing commitment to presenting the most up-to-date scholarship. Renowned professor, researcher, and author Laura E. Berk takes an integrated approach to presenting development in the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social domains, emphasizing the complex interchanges between heredity and environment and offering research-based, practical applications that students can relate to their personal and professional lives. The Ninth Edition’s extensive revision strengthens the connections among developmental domains and brings forth the most recent scholarship, representing the changing field of child development.
Included with this title:
LMS Cartridge: Import this title’s instructor resources into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Don’t use an LMS? You can still access all of the same online resources for this title via the password-protected Instructor Resource Site. Learn more.
Instructor’s resources included with this text:
An array of high-quality instructor materials accompanies Infants, Children, and Adolescents:
- Instructor's Resource Manual (IRM). The IRM can be used by first-time or experienced instructors to enrich classroom experiences. Each chapter includes a brief chapter summary; a chapter outline; lecture enhancements that present cutting-edge topics along with suggestions for using the content in class; and learning activities that provide “live” examples of research findings, discussion topics, and written assignments. Also included are model answers to the text’s Ask Yourself questions and listings of available videos on relevant topics.
- Test Bank. The Test Bank contains over 2,000 multiple-choice and essay questions, each of which is page-referenced to chapter content and also classified by type and difficulty level.
- PowerPoint™ Presentation. The PowerPoint presentation provides outlines and illustrations of key topics for each chapter of the text.
- Explorations in Child Development DVD and Guide. Designed for classroom use, this DVD is over 6 hours in length and contains more than 50 narrated segments illustrating theories, concepts, and milestones of child development. 10 of these segments are new to the Ninth Edition. The DVD and Guide are available only to instructors who are confirmed adopters of the text. To request a DVD, complete this form.
For additional information, custom options, or to request a personalized walkthrough of these resources, please contact your sales representative.
Excellent structured breakdown of child and adolescent development appropriate for an undergraduate population. I especially like the consistent and methodical nature in which the topic was covered. It is helpful to have a system that students can easily follow.
Offers a comprehensive overview of development for infants, children and adolescents. While there has been a change in the images presented and more representation of our global diversity there is however a need to more intentionality include people of color in being active thinkers and developers of development theories. The theorists and researchers presented in the text continue to be monolithic in terms of race, gender and ability. Additionality I have questions around some of the ableist language used in sections describing disabilities.
It has been the book the college decided to use before I was employed.
School use the textbook before I was employed.