- Professor Simon Cottle, School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies, Cardiff University
“The best book available for students facing up to the challenge of writing a dissertation about media and communication.”
- Professor Graham Meikle, School of Media and Communication, University of Westminster
A favourite with both students and researchers, How to Do Media and Cultural Studies provides you with all the knowledge and practical expertise you need to carry out your project or dissertation. Giving you hands-on guidance on managing the whole process, Jane Stokes:
- Shows you how to identify a topic and create a research question.
- Guides you through the research process, from getting started through to writing-up.
- Explores a range of case studies, showing you how methods have been applied by others to research media audiences, industries and texts.
- Adds a new chapter exploring the use of mixed methods and research by practice.
This best-selling book continues to inspire students and researchers worldwide. It is an indispensable introduction to the theory, methods and practice of media and cultural studies today.