Health psychology students will need to understand how to evaluate and critically-appraise the latest theory and research before it can be applied. This fully-revised and updated Fifth Edition takes a critical approach and places health psychology in a real-world context, enabling students to understand how public policy, theory and research can influence communities and individuals alike.
The new Fifth Edition includes:
- 9 new and expanded chapters
- Updated material on stress and coping, doctor-patient communication, death, dying, bereavement and quality of life
- Introductions to the social, political and economic conditions that influence our health
- Breadth of coverage from social inequality through to chronic illness and screening
This book also comes with access to fantastic online resources including multiple choice quizzes, case studies, test banks and slides that can be easily integrated into your institution's virtual learning environment or learning management system. This allows you to customize and curate content for use in module preparation, delivery and assessment. For instructions on how to upload the resources you want, please visit the Instructors' page or alternatively, contact your local SAGE sales representative.
• Chapter outlines for each chapter to recap the learning objectives and reinforce the most important material
• Case studies give you an insight into Health Psychology in Australia
• Multiple choice quizzes allow you to assess your understanding of key chapter concepts
• Links to videos that offer a new perspective on material covered in the book
• Glossary flashcards help you strengthen your understanding of key terms and concepts
• PowerPoint slides featuring figures, tables and key topics from the book can be downloaded and customized for use in your own presentations.
• Testbank of multiple choice questions for each chapter which you can be edited and used to set assignments or exams.
• Case studies which offer insight into Health Psychology in Australia
• Ability to easily upload all the lecturer and student resources into your institution’s learning management system/ virtual learning system (i.e. your Blackboard or Moodle), and customise the content to suit your teaching needs.
Nine new and expanded chapters:
2. The Nervous, Endocrine and Immune Systems, and Principle of Homeostasis
3. Genetics, epigenetics and lifespan development
8. Theories, models and interventions
9. Sexual Health
22. Coronary heart disease
23. HIV infection and AIDS: the pinnacle of stigma and victim blaming
24. Long-term conditions: diabetes and ME/CFS
25. End of life care, dying and death