Fundamentals of Human Resource Management takes a unique three-pronged approach that gives you a clear understanding of important HRM concepts and functions, shows you how to apply those concepts, and helps you build a strong skill set you can use in your personal and professional lives.
The authors use a variety of engaging applications and skill development exercises to improve your comprehension and retention. Featuring 90% of the 210 required SHRM 2013 Curriculum Guidebook topics, this text emphasizes current trends and the challenges facing HR managers today, provides you with key insights on important issues, and prepares you for successful careers in human resource management.
- More than 180 required topics in the SHRM 2013 Curriculum Guidebook are covered in the text, equipping you with the knowledge you need for successful management careers
- Application activities in every chapter help develop your critical thinking skills, while skill development activities in every chapter build and improve a variety of management skills
- A chapter on Organizational Ethics, Sustainability, and Social Responsibility discusses how HR managers can help create ethical, socially responsible organizations
- Trends and Issues in HRM at the end of every chapter introduce you to increasingly important and cutting-edge topics such as social media, gamification, globalization, data management, and more.
Get the SAGE edge!
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Learn more at edge.sagepub.com/fundamentalsofhrm
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. SAGE edge content is open access and available on demand. Learning and teaching has never been easier!
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material
- A customized online action plan allows students to track their progress and enhance their learning experience
- Chapter learning objectives help students reinforce the most important material
- Multimedia content includes video and web resources that appeal to students with different learning styles
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter
SAGE edge for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks built on Bloom's Taxonomy provide a diverse range of test items with Respondus test generation
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring one’s course
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course
- Additional cases with teaching notes guide further analysis
- Sample answers to in-text questions provides an essential reference
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter to encourage students to think critically
- Video and multimedia content appeals to students with different learning styles
- Web resources provide further research and insights.