Focused on empowering the doctoral researcher, it is packed with advice on how to make the best of opportunities and enjoy your research experience while dealing with challenges. Whether you need to find sources of constructive feedback, are facing an unexpected disturbance to your project, or have ambitions beyond your academic goals, this book provides practical, flexible tips for conducting effective research and engaging with the complex world of academia, including how to:
- Maintain momentum through each stage of the research process
- Make the most of available resources, training, and support
- Explore new technologies, networks, and dissemination strategies
- Maximize the value of assessment
- Use this project as a springboard into further research and career opportunities
About the series
The Success in Research series, from Cindy Becker and Pam Denicolo, provides short, authoritative and accessible guides on key areas of professional and research development.
Avoiding jargon and cutting to the chase of what you really need to know, these practical and supportive books cover a range of areas from presenting research to achieving impact, and from publishing journal articles to developing proposals. They are essential reading for any student or researcher interested in developing their skills and broadening their professional and methodological knowledge in an academic context.