Essentials of Terrorism
Concepts and Controversies
- Gus Martin - California State University, Dominguez Hills, USA
Captivating, concise, and accessible, Essentials of Terrorism: Concepts and Controversies covers key foundational topics by defining terrorism and introducing its history and causes. Author Gus Martin introduces readers to the modern landscape of terrorism and discusses terrorist environments (domestic, international, religious, etc.), as well as tactics, targets, and counterterrorism. Included in the Sixth Edition is an added focus on U.S. hate crimes and homeland security, in addition to new introductory discussions, information, and data throughout each chapter.
SAGE edge for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- A Microsoft® Word test bank is available containing multiple-choice, true/false, short-answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides a diverse range of pre-written options, as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting personalized questions to assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for courses and highlight essential content and features.
- Sample course syllabi for semester courses provide suggested models for use when creating the syllabi.
- Multimedia content includes web exercises and resources that appeal to diverse learners.
Good updated information in the field of study.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 2: Historical Perspectives and Ideological Origins