Cross-cutting themes include developing resilience and care for ourselves, our colleagues and our students, engaging with diversity in teaching and promoting dialogue and enquiry. It also addresses the dimensions of the UK Professional Standards Framework.
Key coverage includes:
- Models of course and learning design and evaluation
- Teaching in different contexts including lectures and small groups, laboratory, studio and practice settings and supervising student research
- Enhancing assessment and feedback, student engagement and academic writing through inclusive practice
- Promoting participation in blended learning
- Developing students’ work-relevant skills, attributes and practices
- Approaches to professional development including the role of mindfulness in teaching
This is essential reading for lecturers on Higher Education Academy-accredited programmes, such as PGCTLHE, PGCAP, PG Cert HE, and for staff seeking HEA fellowship through experience-based routes, or who wish to develop more scholarly approaches to their practice.