Movement-play, put simply, is encouraging physical activity in a child-led manner for the benefit of children's health, learning and wellbeing. This book looks at the theory behind the importance of movement and:
- how movement play links with all the areas of early childhood development
- physical activity guidelines for young children
- practical advice and photos to support implementation in settings
- how to assess your own setting
- how to best work with parents on this topic
- comprehensive guidance on writing a physical development policy
The early years is one of the critical periods in the establishment of physical behaviours and physical development is also one of the prime areas of the EYFS as well as other, global, curricula. A must-read for students on Early Childhood and Early Years courses and Early Years practitioners to improve their practice and understanding of psychical development for the benefit of young children.