Are you struggling to design your social network research? Are you looking for a book that covers more than social network analysis?
If so, this is the book for you! With straight-forward guidance on research design and data collection, as well as social network analysis, this book takes you start to finish through the whole process of doing network research. Open the book and you'll find practical, 'how to' advice and worked examples relevant to PhD students and researchers from across the social and behavioural sciences.
The book covers:
- Fundamental network concepts and theories
- Research questions and study design
- Social systems and data structures
- Network observation and measurement
- Methods for data collection
- Ethical issues for social network research
- Network visualization
- Methods for social network analysis
- Drawing conclusions from social network results
This is a perfect guide for all students and researchers looking to do empirical social network research.