'…thank you very much for your accessible language, clear lay out and practical applied approach. I suspect that this book will never be far from my side over the next 4 years!!' - Mayen Konarski, PhD student
Using straight-forward language Doing Qualitative Research Using Your Computer walks readers through the process of managing and streamlining research projects using commonly available Microsoft software applications.
Drawing on a wide range of examples to demonstrate how easy it is to use such software, this guide is full of useful hints and tips on how to manage research more efficiently and effectively, including:
- Formatting transcripts for maximum coding efficiency in Microsoft Word
- Using features of Word to organize the analysis of data and to facilitate efficient qualitative coding
- Synchronizing codes, categories, and important concepts between Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access
- Efficiently storing and analyzing the qualitative data in Microsoft Excel
- Creating flexible analytic memos in Access that help lead the researcher to final conclusions
Ideal for those students or researchers who don't want to invest in expensive specialised software packages, this guide will be an invaluable companion for anyone embarking on their own research project.
|Planning your Qualitative Research Project|
|The Final Draft|