Get 12 months FREE access to the Digital Methods Manual (the abridged, interactive eBook that provides handy step-by-step guidance to your phone, tablet, laptop or reading device) when purchasing ISBN: 9781526487995 Paperback and & Interactive eBook*
Teaching the concrete methods needed to use digital devices, search engines and social media platforms to study some of the most urgent social issues of our time, this is the essential guide to the state of the art in researching the natively digital. With explanation of context and techniques and a rich set of case studies, Richard Rogers teaches you how to:
· Build a URL list to discover internet censorship
· Transform Google into a research machine to detect source bias
· Make Twitter API outputs comprehensible and tell stories
· Research Instagram to locate ‘hashtag publics’
· Extract and fruitfully analyze Facebook posts, images and video
· And much, much more
Designed with a suite of video tutorials and online tools as well as the Digital Methods Manual Interactive eBook, this is the guide to doing digital methods you have been waiting for.
*Interactivity only available through Vitalsource eBook included as part of paperback and interactive eBook product. Access not guaranteed on second-hand copies (as access code may have previously been redeemed).