What can we learn from other people’s research and how is it relevant to a student who wants to do their own research project with limited time and resources? These are the questions addressed by this book. Key features include:
- A comprehensive discussion of the research process, from first working out your research question to writing about your results
- Criminological examples throughout
- A summary in every chapter of the important points to consider when conducting your own research and when reading about the research written by others
- ‘What is the mistake?’ exercises to help you to avoid some of the most common errors in research
- Suggestions of the choices that are most likely to be practical for students
If you are a student who has been set a research methods assignment, or are planning you first research project, this book has been written for you.