Counseling Assessment and Evaluation
Fundamentals of Applied Practice
- Joshua C. Watson - Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, USA, Mississippi State University, USA
- Brandé Flamez - Lamar University, USA
Counselling and Psychotherapy (General) | Psychometrics
Designed to help students learn how to assess clients, conduct treatment planning, and evaluate client outcomes, this practical book addresses specific CACREP competencies. Incorporating case studies and examples, authors Joshua C. Watson and Brandé Flamez provide foundational knowledge for sound formal and informal assessments, cover ethical and legal considerations in assessment, describe basic statistical concepts, highlight the domains in which assessments are commonly used (intelligence, aptitude, achievement, personality, career, etc.), and provide strategies for integrating assessment data when working with clients.
Counseling Assessment and Evaluation is part of the SAGE Counseling and Professional Identity Series, which targets specific competencies identified by CACREP (Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Programs). To learn more about each text in the series, please visit www.sagepub.com/vip/cpiseries.
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch classroom interaction by prompting students to engage with the material and by reinforcing important content.
The open-access Student Study Site includes the following:
- Mobile-friendly web quizzes allow for independent assessment of progress made in learning course material.
“Watson and Flamez have captured the essence of the assessment process in their new book. Through rich case illustrations and the authors’ deep knowledge of the subject, readers are provided the most current trends and reflections on the assessment process.”
“The text is very straightforward and easy to read. It encourages students to apply what they are learning through case illustrations and guided practice exercises.”
“Watson and Flamez provide the reader with an engaging discussion of the fundamentals of counseling assessment and evaluation.”
“The case illustrations and the practice exercises are exceptional and go a long way toward making the material accessible. Case examples in the body of the text are also well done.”
Readable for students
I've used this text in the past and was very pleased with the information covered within the chapters. I'm currently teaching the Assessment class again and would like to continue using the textbook again as it is a very excellent resource